Monday, July 30, 2012

An Aha! Moment

Yesterday, I went to buy some clothes as many of mine no longer fit; what I have in my closet is extremely baggy. I was pleasantly surprised that I fit into smalls and even a size 6 pair of pants! I cannot remember the last time I wore a size 6 (though sizes may very well change-I still have size 10s that I bought recently that I fit into, so whatever). Still, this is much smaller than the 14s I was wearing earlier this year.

So after nearly 27 lbs of weight loss, I would say I'm looking pretty darn good. But here's the aha! moment. Last night, as I was digging into my dinner, I realized, I'm eating chicken cooked in *lard* and I am losing weight and overall, just feeling amazing. LARD!!! I've been a proponent of eating more fat for a few years now, but the proof, I guess, has been in the proverbial pudding. Or lard, beef tallow, schmaltz, or coconut oil. Needless to say, I'm thrilled.


No comments:

Post a Comment