Wednesday, October 13, 2010

GF Meatballs = Yum Yum Yum!

I was really craving meatballs and tomato sauce last night, so I thought I'd share the recipe for today's Real Food Wednesday, hosted by Kelly the Kitchen Kop., found here: http://kellythekitchenkop.com/2010/10/real-food-wednesday-101310.html

So this is what I did:

1 lb pastured ground beef.
1 egg
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 torpedo onions, chopped finely
2 cloves of garlic, choped finely
1 tablespoon of Italian Herb Mix, from Penzey's Spices
2 tablespoons almond meal
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese

I mixed all of these ingredients up, formed it into balls, and cooked in olive oil and some tomato sauce. I could have browned them first, but I really wanted the tomato flavor to soak in. The almond meal kept the meatballs from being too sticky, so they kept their shape really nicely! I think it was in the pan for about 12 minutes total, plenty of time to get the pasta cooked!

I'd love to hear some feedback if you try the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment